Yelp Fusion API uses private API Keys to authenticate requests. To authenticate the call to an endpoint, there are only 2 steps:
- Create an app to obtain your private API Key.
- Authenticate API calls with the API Key.
In order to set up your access to Yelp Fusion API, you need to create an app with Yelp. This app represents the application you'll build using our API and includes the credentials you'll need to gain access. Here are the steps for creating an app:
- Go to Create App
- You will now have an API Key.
Please keep the API Key to yourself since it is the credential for your call to Yelp's API.
To authenticate API calls with the API Key, set the
Authorization HTTP header value as
curl --request GET \ --url https://api.yelp.com/v3/events/awesome-event \ --header 'Authorization: Bearer API_KEY' \ --header 'accept: application/json'
If your API Key has become compromised, you can disable it and receive a new one. Here are the steps for refreshing your API Key:
- Go to Manage App
- Find the "Refresh My API Key" section, and click the "Refresh My API Key" button.
- Your new API Key will be displayed in place of the old one on the Manage App page.
Updated 11 months ago